Please submit your permit application to the Building Department directly, as this is handled by Columbine Valley.
Columbine Valley, CO 80123
Hours: 8am – 4pm, Monday through Friday (these hours will be shortened due to COVID-19)
Upon DRB approval (if needed), the Building Permit Application with Plan Review along with Construction Plans and Specifications are submitted to the Town of Bow Mar Building Department at the above address. This involves “Plan Review” to assure conformance to applicable building codes. A “Plan Review” checklist is available on each permit application form.
A Demolition Permit Application is required if demolition of an existing structure is planned.
The Non-Structural Building Permit Application is required for interior modifications that do not require a plan review, such as water heater replacement, furnaces, changes in electrical service and/or gas lines as well as some exterior projects such as fences, fireplaces, air conditioning units, sheds, stucco installation, and windows – please contact the Bow Mar Building Department at 303-795-2063 with your questions.
A Roofing Permit Application is required when a new roof or roof repairs are necessary. If your roofing project includes structural changes to your roof, the Building Permit Application with Plan Review is also required.
- No changes shall be made from that which is stated in any permit application, or in attached plans and specifications except by submitting a revised application, plans and/or specifications and receiving approval from Bow Mar staff for such change.
- Granting of a permit shall not be construed as a permit for or an approval of any violation of Bow Mar Municipal code or any other state or local law regulating construction or the performance of construction.
- The permit holder understands that the permit application does not grant any right or privilege to erect any structure or to use any premises herein described for any purpose or in any manner prohibited by Bow Mar Municipal Code.
- Special conditions and/or provisions stated on the issued building permit(s) supercede any other information provided by the applicant, including information provided on the plans.
- The permit holder understands that this permit application does not constitute the right to begin construction prior to approval of the permit, final issuance and payment being received.
- All insurance needs to reflect both Town of Bow Mar and Columbine Valley as additional insured parties.
- Building Permits are needed for all new interior and exterior construction and remodels. Permits are also required for most improvement and repair work you want for your home.
- air conditioner
- evaporative cooler
- furnace replacement
- garden shed
- gas log or fireplace insert
- hot tub
- kitchen cabinets
- kitchen countertops
- outdoor gas-fired pit or chiminea
- outdoor permanent gas grill
- plumbing replacement - concealed trap, drainpipe, water, soil, or waste vent pipe
- roof replacement
- stucco application
- swimming pool
- water heater replacement
- minor electrical repair and maintenance
- movable cases, counter, and partitions not over 5 ft high
- painting, papering, and similar work
- plumbing repairs to existing drains and pipes (permit required when traps, drains,and pipes must be replaced)
- portable mechanicals such as portable heating, ventilation, and cooling appliances
- some window awnings supported by an exterior wall
Jane Carlson, Building Commissioner