Building Permits are required on interior and exterior work on your property. Please submit your permit application to the Building Department directly, as this is handled by Columbine Valley.
Columbine Valley, CO 80123
Hours: 8am – 4pm, Monday through Friday (these hours will be shortened due to COVID-19)
Upon DRB approval (if needed), the Building Permit Application with Plan Review along with Construction Plans and Specifications are submitted to the Town of Bow Mar Building Department at the above address. This involves “Plan Review” to assure conformance to applicable building codes. A “Plan Review” checklist is available on each permit application form.
- The Plumbing Contractor shall provide permit application to Town of Bow Mar Office that includes:
- Scope of work
- State of Colorado License
- Proof of Liability Insurance
- Payment of $100.00 fee to the Town of Bow Mar
- Payment of Permit Fee
- Permit is issued with a list of required inspections
- Plumber shall call for Rough / Final Plumbing Inspections
- Bow Mar Inspector lists inspections on permit card P_ ie: Pass / Fail
- When Final Plumbing Inspection has passed, Permit is completed and job closed
- No changes shall be made from that which is stated in any permit application, or in attached plans and specifications except by submitting a revised application, plans and/or specifications and receiving approval from Bow Mar staff for such change.
- Granting of a permit shall not be construed as a permit for or an approval of any violation of Bow Mar Municipal code or any other state or local law regulating construction or the performance of construction.
- The permit holder understands that the permit application does not grant any right or privilege to erect any structure or to use any premises herein described for any purpose or in any manner prohibited by Bow Mar Municipal Code.
- Special conditions and/or provisions stated on the issued building permit(s) supercede any other information provided by the applicant, including information provided on the plans.
- The permit holder understands that this permit application does not constitute the right to begin construction prior to approval of the permit, final issuance and payment being received.
- All insurance needs to reflect both Town of Bow Mar and Columbine Valley as additional insured parties.
- Building Permits are needed for all new interior and exterior construction and remodels. Permits are also required for most improvement and repair work you want for your home.
- air conditioner
- evaporative cooler
- furnace replacement
- garden shed
- gas log or fireplace insert
- hot tub
- kitchen cabinets
- kitchen countertops
- outdoor gas-fired pit or chiminea
- outdoor permanent gas grill
- plumbing replacement - concealed trap, drainpipe, water, soil, or waste vent pipe
- roof replacement
- stucco application
- swimming pool
- water heater replacement
- minor electrical repair and maintenance
- movable cases, counter, and partitions not over 5 ft high
- painting, papering, and similar work
- plumbing repairs to existing drains and pipes (permit required when traps, drains,and pipes must be replaced)
- portable mechanicals such as portable heating, ventilation, and cooling appliances
- some window awnings supported by an exterior wall
Building Department Coordinator