Public Safety

Columbine Valley/Bow Mar Police

"The mission of the Columbine Valley Police Department is to protect life and property, enhance the quality of life, and protect Constitutional Rights, through partnership with the community." Bret A. Cottrell – Chief of Police.

The Columbine Valley Police Department provides services for both the Town of Columbine Valley and the Town of Bow Mar. Officers respond to calls for service, conduct follow-up investigations and are responsible for the enforcement of Federal and State laws, as well as Municipal Ordinances. Officers are held to the highest standards of conduct and training, while working closely with the community.

Municipal Court

All citations and traffic tickets issued in the Town of Bow Mar are administered through the Town of Columbine Valley Muncipal Court.

Emergency: Call 911

To leave a message for an officer:303-795-1434


Bret Cottrell, Chief of Police

Dispatch: 303-795-4711
After Hours: 303-795-4711
House Watch: 303-795-1434
Office: 303-795-1434
Fax: 303-795-7325>

Services Provided

To see what services the Columbine Valley Police Department provides you may visit the Columbine Valley website and select "Police" in the menu. Some examples of subjects you may be interested in are listed below.

To check the Police updates from the field via Twitter, visit Crime Bulletin.