The Columbine Valley Police Department provides services for both the Town of Columbine Valley and the Town of Bow Mar. Officers respond to calls for service, conduct follow-up investigations and are responsible for the enforcement of Federal and State laws, as well as Municipal Ordinances. Officers are held to the highest standards of conduct and training, while working closely with the community.
"The mission of the Columbine Valley Police Department is to protect life and property, enhance the quality of life, and protect Constitutional Rights, through partnership with the community." Bret A. Cottrell – Chief of Police.
All citations and traffic tickets issued in the Town of Bow Mar are administered through the Town of Columbine Valley Muncipal Court.
Emergency: Call 911
To leave a message for an officer:303-795-1434
Bret Cottrell, Chief of Police
After Hours: 303-795-4711
House Watch: 303-795-1434
To see what services the Columbine Valley Police Department provides you may visit the Columbine Valley website and select "Police" in the menu. Some examples of subjects you may be interested in are listed below.
- Accident Report
- Identity Theft
- Witness Statement
- Records / Report Request
- House Watch
- Tips While Away
- Request an Off-Duty Officer
- Report a Crime
- Emergency Citizens Alert
To check the Police updates from the field via Twitter, visit Crime Bulletin.
Easy things to do prevent crime on your property, to protect neighbors and Bow Mar:
- Lock doors
- Remove personal belongings from your car
- Get a locking mailbox
- Post no solicitation / private property signsP
The best way to deter crime is to make sure would-be thieves are not successful in Bow Mar – so securing your personal property keeps our Town safe.
When calling 911:
- If you have a land line, use your land line to call 9-1-1. These numbers in Bow Mar have been programmed to route to the right emergency dispatch.
- If you use your cell phone to call 9-1-1, your call will be sent to the closest dispatch center. ALWAYS ask for Arapahoe County Dispatch, then request Columbine Valley Police. When you call 9-1-1-, it is most likely there will be a recording. Listen to the options!!
- Register for notifications by registering your cell number to your house through
Arapahoe County: ArapAlert - https://ace911.colorado.gov/arapalert
- Sign up for notifications alerts from CV Police on the Neighbors app. This is a Ring app; however, you can apply even though you don’t have a Ring camera. This is the quickest and most efficient way to get real-time crime and safety alerts on your phone and assist the police with finding a criminal using your video.
- How to call for help in Mary’s Meadow:
The address for Mary’s Meadow is Marston Reservoir, 6100 W. Quincy Avenue. Please provide this address when reporting an incident to CV Police.
- House Watch:
Did you know you can alert the CV Police that you are out of Town? Use this link https://columbinevalley.org/house-watch/.